Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

when dreams come to stay.

I found you in a dream and followed you home until morning. I desperately tried to be in my next day, but thoughts of you kept returning and I wondered if someday you would come to stay. I attempted to focus and pretend you weren't real, and you weren't until one day you were. Some say you were sitting in Heaven, waiting until the time would be right to join in all the things that you saw. Others thought maybe you weren't until they held you and touched you and felt your skin on their face. I know you have been long before I was ready, I dreamt of you, knew you, heard your name on the breeze. Sometimes your kiss would tickle my face, when I looked I wouldn't find you, but I'd know you any place. You're more real to me than my day to day, you are in my dreams, each night I see your face. When I blow bubbles you pop them, when I dance you are in my arms, when I live you live with me, though someday you won't see me. You'll live and remember the dreams that we share and know that each night when you close your eyes I'll be there.



2 comments:

Nichole said...

Wow. This brought tears to my eyes. I love it.

charis said...

beautiful.

my most recent post: 5 things i am thinking about on good friday